THE EVENT: Organised by Cré and the European Compost Network, GORC will bring together key stakeholders to discuss new opportunities in the circular bioeconomy and in the anaerobic digestion and composting of organic wastes sector
DATE: May 3-4, 2016
NOVAMONT’S PRESENCE: Sponsor
- A composting facility that traded carbon credits and cashed a cheque for millions.
- Rather than biogas for use in electricity generation, research has shown that its more profitable to generate biobased plastics.
- A biogas/compost plant which utilises all its by products, e.g. biomethane injected into the grid, heat exchangers in the compost plant, heat and CO2 used in greenhouses.
- Experiences in managing the largest biogas and compost plant in Italy – 365,000 tonnes per year.
- A pilot project which showed that by providing householders with a kitchen caddy, compostable bags and education; the level of contamination was reduced from 45% to 1% and the quantity of food waste collected was increased.
- Integration of Biochar production into an existing composting plant.
- The role of the bioeconomy in the developing European Circular Economy.
- Phil Hogan, European Commissioner for Agriculture & Rural Development
- Mairead McGuinness MEP, Vice-President of the European Parliament will speak on the Circular Economy
- David Newman, Biobased and Biodegradable Industries Association
- Dr. Jane Gilbert, International Solid Waste Association